Supporting Students with Disabilities in Virtual Environments (SSDVE)
The purpose of this initiative is to provide training and technical assistance to educators supporting students with disabilities in virtual (hybrid, blended, fully online, etc.) environments.
Specific areas of focus include:
Planning and Designing for Learning in Virtual Environments
- Evidence-based, trauma-informed instructional and intervention practices
- Universal Design for Learning
- Digital tools and platforms
Assessing Learners in Virtual Environments
- Evidence-based practices for progress monitoring
- Digital tools to support formative and summative assessments
Multi-disciplinary, Cross-grade, Cross-curricular Collaborative Practices
- Resources and strategies to support multi-disciplinary, cross-grade, and cross-curricular planning
- Digital tools and platforms to support collaboration between related service providers, educators, and families
Engaging and Empowering Parents/Adults in the Home
- Family and student centered practices in support of transitioning students between face-to-face and virtual school environments
- Best-practices for conducting virtual IEP meetings
- Strategies for empowering parents/adults to support students’ learning
SSDVE Presents | Monthly Webinars
The "SSDVE Presents:" series offers educators, service providers, and parents resources and supports for navigating education in virtual environments. Please see below under "Events" for links to register for upcoming SSDVE events being offered by PaTTAN.
Monthly SSDVE Presents webinar are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 3:00PM - 4:00PM, registration is required.
Join the SSDVE Schoology course to access recordings and materials from SSDVE events, open discussion forums, and announcements of relevant news and opportunities.
To join: feel free to share the access code (3PT2-2TM9-F4X84) and instructions (accessible PDF) with others.
For support: access quick how-to videos or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.